You must practice benign selfishness on your quest to rediscovering your vibrance, your sense of aliveness.
I like to think of it as being “Self-ful, not selfish.” Being “self-ful” means developing the crucial skill of learning to ask questions like:
Is this what I really want to be doing right now?
What will fuel my sense of well-being and happiness in this moment?
Turn the Spotlight on You:
Focusing on your strengths is a great way to jump-start a new relationship with yourself. It is a great way to delve more deeply into who you are at your core, your authentic self. Exploring what lights you up, what energizes you, what activities have you feeling a sense of engagement, energy, and enthusiasm, is fantastic way to reconnect with parts of yourself which may have gone dormant.
It is important to appreciate our strengths, for the same reason it is important to focus on employing a happiness habits like a regular gratitude practice, it allows our busy, self-sabotaging mind to take a break from beating ourselves up for our failures. It channels our energy towards looking for what is right and good in us, where we enjoy a burst of energy and happiness.
When we feel good, our perspective is broadened. This broadening gives us the ability to harness our creative powers for imagining possibilities and actively designing our next stage of life.
Discover Your Aliveness:
Explore these questions on your quest to discover that most alive feeling:
- What sort of everyday things do you enjoy doing?
- What activities have you feeling engagement, energy, and enthusiasm?
- What people, places, events have you feeling more alert and excited?
- What are the things you do that have you receiving compliments from others?
- What makes for a really great day for you? What is the best day you remember having?
- What are some of the achievements from your past about which you are most proud?
- What energizes you in the present?
- What are you looking forward to in the future (or next two weeks to narrow it down)? What about that activity are you anticipating so eagerly?
- What are activities you particularly enjoyed in your childhood? (Often these activities are the emergence of a strength or talent.)
- What is an activity you can do for hours and simply lose track of time?
Dive in Deeper – Embrace Your Self-ful Self:
I would be honored to go on this quest with you and delightedly offer you an opportunity to explore these questions and your answers in greater depth.
Schedule a COMPLIMENTARY Time to Thrive Strategy Session. Just CLICK HERE and fill out the form.
In less than an hour we will get crystal clear about:
- What your ideal, thriving life looks like;
- Uncover hidden challenges preventing this ideal from happening; and
- Develop some key strategies you can put to use immediately towards greater energy and vibrance.
This offer lasts for only one more day!